5 Tips for Managing Financial Stress
Money is just one of those things that sometimes brings people as much pain as it does pleasure.
As the economy is in an up cycle of the recession, things are looking better but just the thought and uncertainty of an unstable economy is often enough to bring the fear back into people’s minds.
The first step to managing financial stress is to identify what is beyond your control.
For most of us, a few things on the long list of uncontrollable circumstance are:
- the stability of our global economy,
- the ups and downs of the stock market,
- your own job security,
- and attitudes of the people around you,
- and changes in technology.
What could I control in my life that I’m not currently controlling?
Focusing on the things you have control over helps make the best of a challenging situation.
Five tips for managing your financial stress are:
- Go outside
- Read something other than red numbers
- Accept the things you can’t control
- Cut your losses
- Eat well & exercise regularly
Submitted by James Noel on June 12th, 2015