Low-quality backlinks will hold your website from growing and if you have too many of them, you might even get a penalty.
If you are trying to improve your site’s SEO and you do not see any results, chances are you have too many bad backlinks.
To put your site back on track and get more organic traffic, you’ll have to get rid of all the low-quality links that are influencing your rankings in a negative way.
In this post, Ill go beyond the regular SEO optimisation tips you’ve already read and show you how to clean up your backlinks profile.
If you’ve made a mistake and hired a shady SEO company or someone has built some bad links to your site, here’s the solution to get rid of all the nasty links.
What Is A Low-Quality Backlink For SEO
First you have to understand what makes a link bad for SEO and how you can quickly determine the quality of any backlink. There’s a common misconception that all backlinks are good and will improve your SEO. That’s entirely wrong.
These are some examples of bad links you shouldn’t have:
- Backlinks from sites that are penalised by Google.
- Backlinks from unrelated sites. Relevancy is imperative for SEO.
- Backlinks from sites with thin and auto-generated content.
- Backlinks that are automatically created.
- Link exchanges.
- Do follow purchased links.
- Links from sites that have duplicate content problems.
- Avoid having too many links with over optimised anchor texts.
- Links from blog networks.
- Backlinks from link schemes.
There are so many types of links that can be bad for your sites SEO.
Because numerous SEO companies continue to build low-quality links, you should always keep an eye on your links profile; don’t trust your link profile entirely.
How To Determine If A Backlink Is Good Or Bad
Gauging if a link will help with SEO or not can be done by analysing the quality of the website that links to you.
Luckily, there are numerous SEO tools and plugins available, and all of them make our life a little easier.
Here are the steps you have to follow to determine the quality of a link.