Make $13,380 from your website
I was recently talking with the owners of a winery from whom I had purchased several cases of their fine wines.
Fortunately, their wines were much finer than their website which had a lot of problems . . . not the least of which was that it had been done by a friend of theirs, which was making it awkward for them to consider making the change to getting an up-to-date, functional website that will help them make more money.
And of course, it would!
So I continued to explain something that 98% of website developers will never talk with you about, and that is:
Using your Website as a Marketing Tool
And more importantly . . .
Using your Website to Make Money
Why it is that most web designers never tell you this stuff, I can only guess.
Perhaps because they are good designers but not marketers;
. . . . good technicians but not good at sales;
. . . . . . . . never learnt about marketing
. . . . . . . . . . . . or have never run a successful business . . . who knows . . .
Anyway . . .
I went on to explain a very simple strategy that every website should have and use.
SALES 101 – It is much easier and six times cheaper to make a sale to an existing customer than to find a new customer.
“So what are you doing with your website to market to your existing customer base?”, I asked already knowing that their was very little that their website could be doing to help them with marketing.
OK. Here’s the plan . . .
- Collect email addresses from your customers
- Send them a monthly or quarterly email with news about the winery, latest vintages, awards won, special offers, etc
- Important: No cost to do this – it’s automated and built into the website
- Fair enough, most people will quickly scan and then ignore the email newsletter
- BUT some will be running out of wine just then, a couple will be organising a party, and a few others will not be able to resist the Special Offer in the email
- And others who keep saying, “I must do that”, will finally take action
- Let’s just say that 12 people responded and purchased 1 case of wine at say $223, and 3 people purchased 2 cases.
And that’s how easily you can make $13,380 from your website!
That’s new revenue that your business is missing now because you are not keeping in touch with your customers.
That’s new revenue that is all profit with no marketing expense whatsoever.
That’s new revenue that you can keep generating year in and year out.
It’s so easy to do and puts you a huge step ahead of all the other websites built by “ordinary web designers”!
So what are you waiting for?
What should you do now?
1. If you are looking for more sales in your business, have a chat with us now.
2. Perhaps do a quick Website Review first.
3. Want some help or ideas? Just contact us at Hotpink Websites now.
There is a lesson in almost everything that you do, and getting the lesson is how you move forward. It is how you enrich your spirit.