Ever wanted to turn your favourite song into a ring tone?
Or record your own custom ring tone?
It is quite easy really.
Just follow these steps to create free ringtones for your . . .
In iTunes, select a song to use for your new ringtone.
Listen to the song and decide what part you want to make into the ring tone.
You might want the first 26 seconds, 0 sec to 26 sec.
Or you may want something from the middle of the track, say 58 sec to 1 min 16 sec.
It should be 30 seconds or less.
Then . . .
- Right click on the track and select “Get Info”.
- Click on “Options” tab.
- Click on the “Start Time” and “Stop Time” check boxes.
- Enter the time you want your ring tone to start and stop.
- Click OK. You have just changed the way this song plays in iTunes. Don’t worry, you can change it back later.
- Right click on the “clipped” song and select “Convert Selection to AAC“.
If you do not see “Convert Selection to AAC” then
. . . click on iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > Importing
Change the “Import Using” drop down menu to “AAC Encoder”.
Next . . .
- Open Finder and locate the song in your iTunes Music folder.
- Drag it to your desktop. After the song is on your desktop go back to iTunes and delete the clipped version from you iTunes library (It won’t delete it from your desktop, it will only remove it from iTunes).
- Change the filename extension from .m4a to .m4r
- Double click on the file to add it to your iTunes library under the ringtones section.
- Sync your phone with iTunes and you’re done!
Go back into iTunes and uncheck your custom start and stop times for the original version of your song so that the full song will play again in iTunes.
Got an annoying caller?
If you have an annoying caller, you can set a special ring tone for their number in your phone . . . one that makes no sound, so that you do not hear and cannot be disturbed by the call.
Just download the ring tone called The Sounds Of Silence . . . LOL
Upload the tone to your phone and then set this as the ring tone for that annoying caller or number.
Take it a step further.
If you get a lot of telemarketing calls, then set up a new contact in your phone and call it “Telemarketers“. Set the “sounds of silence” ring tone for this contact, and then add all those pesky telemarketing numbers to it.
Then you’ll know for certain which calls not to answer.
Hope this helps . . . 😀
Well, that is quite simple really!
What should you do now?
- Experiment with making a new ringtone for your partner or a special friend.
- Want some help or ideas? Just contact us at Hotpink Websites now.
I learn the most about people asking them what they want their ringtone/text tone to be.
~ Spencer Pratt
Remember – Make your own ring tones