As with many things in life, Opportunity + Reward = Desire.
He reported the sad truth of crime happening in local businesses, many of which we just do not hear about in the media.
Here are some quick tips . . .
Opportunity + Reward = Desire
When a criminal sees the Opportunity and the Reward, the Desire increases exponentially . . . and the result is a crime.
The Police call this the Crime Triangle.
So, every little deterrent is important . . .
For example . . . check your business for these:
- Cash register (POS) clearly visible to passing traffic
- POS clearly visible to other staff members
- Posters and advertising and huge displays help with marketing, but they also help to conceal crimes in progress
- High shelves, and cluttered walkways
These all have the effect of increasing the Opportunity factor in the Crime Triangle.
Our copper sited an example of walking into a shop at night to find the staff counting the money on the counter in plain view.
Talk about Opportunity + Reward !!
And since this happens regularly at the same time every day, it makes it so easy to plan a crime.
Actions that happen regularly at the same time every day increase the Opportunity Factor.
Get some help
The Police are more than happy to help you with identifying and fixing things in your place of business that could attract or create crime.
After-all, each crime prevented is a better result for them – less work and a safer community.
Well, that is quite simple really!
What should you do now?
- Take a commonsense look at your place of business.
- Take a commonsense look at the daily routine in your business
- And then, call in the coppers if your are not sure.
- Want some help or ideas? Just contact us at Hotpink Websites now.
Don’t steal, don’t lie, don’t cheat, don’t sell drugs.
The government hates competition.
~ Hussein Nishah
Remember – Opportunity + Reward = Desire