Are you looking to start a podcast?
Want to know what does a perfect podcasting setup look like?
In this guide, we will show you how to start your own podcast with WordPress – step by step.
You will learn about how podcasts work, the best podcast equipments, the podcast WordPress plugin that you absolutely need, and more.
No matter your age or technical skill set, you can easily start your own podcast by following the step by step process outlined in this article.
Here is an outline of everything that we will cover:
- What is podcasting & how podcasts work?
- Things you need to setup your podcast
- Choosing the best web hosting and domain name
- Setting up a media hosting service
- Choosing the proper podcasting equipment
- Recording your first podcast
- Publishing your podcast with WordPress
- Uploading your media files to Blubrry
- Setting up Smart Podcast Player Plugin
- Adding your first podcast in WordPress
- Previewing your podcast with iTunes
- Submitting your podcast to iTunes
- Podcasting resources to help you grow
Ready? Let’s get started.
What is Podcasting & How Podcasts Work?
A podcast is an episodic series of audio files which users can subscribe to download and listen.
In order for your podcast to work, you need to have an audio file and a RSS Feed that users can subscribe to stay updated and download new episodes when they come out.
Because WordPress comes with a built-in RSS feed system for blogs, many podcasters choose to use WordPress as their podcast website platform.
You can connect your podcast website with podcasting apps like iTunes to make it easier for millions of users to listen and subscribe.
We will cover this later in the article.
Now that you know what is a podcast and how it works, let’s take a look at how to setup a podcast.