How do you get a good ranking in Google?
Yesterday we talked about PageRank. So here is the second of the two most important ranking factors used by Google…
PLEASE NOTE: Please read this post several times and it will make more sense each time.
The top two most important Google SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) ranking factors you need to know are:
- Incoming Text Link Keywords
I’ll explain the next in more detail and what you MUST do to maximise the effectiveness of each element.
2. Incoming Text Link Keywords
This factor is a MUST!!
ALWAYS provide TEXT links for linking to your site.
AVOID image links as they have no Text which Google can read and associate with your website.
Google does index image links, but without any text for it to index, it won’t help your link’s popularity for the important keywords you are trying to get higher rankings for.
Here’s an example of a text link (what you want to use) :
Website Design by www.HotpinkWebsites.com
- Always include the most important keyword phrase in the text link, using the EXACT spelling.
- Do not use plurals in the keyword phrase, if people would usually search the singular version of the phrase. And vice versa. It is important to use words exactly as your visitors will type them into Google.
- Avoid excess words, where possible. The longer the link with more words, the less effective it is. So short and sweet links with the exact keywords are a winner!
- The page that is being linked to MUST have the text link keywords in the body of the page, otherwise Google will discount the page. This is so important – it is the difference between Google seeing you or not. Google is all about what is displayed to the Viewer, so if you have none of the keywords on the page, yet you have incoming links with the keywords you want to get higher rankings for, it will not work.
- Always include the text link keywords within the title tag of the page being linked to. It is possible for a page without the text link keywords in the title tag of the page to get top rankings. But I have discovered that around 80% of top 10 rankings have the text link keywords in the title tag, so always include it.
Well, there you have it. Those are what I consider the two most important SEO ranking factors used by Google at the moment. Other factors are considered by Google, but their importance pales in comparison to the two I have discussed in these 2 posts.
So review what you thought about SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) if you have not accounted for these two important factors as they are truly essential to you getting traffic from Google’s search results!
Follow these tips whenever you optimise your web pages and they will quickly shoot up the Google rankings and send you targeted traffic to your website.
I hope this information helps you to make your website perform even better! So go make a difference to your website right now by applying the small changes menioned above to get BIG results!
p.s. if you want help with setting up any of these strategies, please email me now to find out how we can assist in raising your rankings…
and make today
….an AWESOME day !