Everyone wants to get online these days, and the big buzzword phrase is:
web ecommerce design
BUT . . what does it really mean? As always, there are many things to consider. So let’s start with some basics that you should now about when taking your business online, and especially when putting products and services up for sale online. Before you get anywhere near selling a product online, you need to get this one single, yet simple, thing right first . . . Your Marketing Plan. Oh? I hear you are disappointed? Thought it would be something more spectacular than that? Maybe something a bit more technical? No! Even though it is a website, it is still a business and it still requires planning and understanding how the thing is going to work, and that it is going to work. It does not need to be complex or long. Just clear and giving direction. Your Web Designer on the Gold Coast will be able to help with planning your web ecommerce design. For example:
- Do you need to install a Shopping Cart for online purchases and payments if your product is project housing? Probably not. Not many people will use their credit card or paypal account to buy a home. Instead, you probably want them to call for an appointment.
- Would you invite readers to ring your toll-free number to buy your new $1.99 kitchen gadget? Probably not. It is a low-cost item with small margins. You want the whole purchase process managed automatically through a sophisticated, easy-to-use shopping cart right there in your website
These 2 examples were pretty obvious, but others are not quite that straight forward. Continuing on . . .
- How do you want them to contact you and how are those enquiries going to be handled when they start rolling in?
- How much do you want to pre-qualify enquiries online before they contact you?
- What offers are you going to make online to attract customers?
So, in web ecommerce, design is only one of the things to be considered. And yet these other important questions are often overlooked when people decide to build a website, because they are not dealing with an experienced web marketing team. Many web designers are just that – graphic designers and not marketers. They make fantastic and clever designs, but they are not experienced in marketing strategies to get results. So, make sure that you get the right balance of experience in the team you engage for web ecommerce and design a functional website that is attractive while also being a marketing and business tool.