Want to know what people are saying about you or your company online?
Well there is a way . . . and Google does it all for you.
It is called Google Alerts and it is a brilliant way to do all kinds of market research.
You simply log in to your Google or gmail account and tell Google Alerts what keywords you are interested in knowing about.
Your Company Name
The first keywords that you might want to enter are your business or company name or trademark or by-line.
By doing this, you can keep track of what is being said about your company.
But let’s take it a step further . . .
You might want to keep track of what your competition are doing and Google Alerts is a great way to track that online as well.
Announcements made by or about them will be emailed to you periodically so that you can keep in touch with what is happening in your industry and your market place.
Google Alerts is a powerful way of keeping track of what is happening online in certain industry or product areas.
Of course, by the time that you read about it online, you have probably missed the boat so to speak.
However, it is better to know about it than not.
You might also pick up new ideas or technologies or trends in the early stages and be able to get on board as the marketing wave starts to build.
Here are some simple instructions on how to setup Google Alerts.
Create an alert
- Visit Google Alerts.
- In the “Create an alert about” box, enter the words you want to get email notifications for.
- Click Show options to say how often you get alerts, what types of results you want to get, and more.
- Click Create Alert.
- Once your alert is set up, you’ll start getting emails any time we find new search results for your keywords.
You can also create an alert by clicking the + next to any of the suggested topics on the Google Alerts page.
Well, that is quite simple really!
What should you do now?
- Think about what would be useful market information to have.
- And then add a Google Alert for it.
- Want some help or ideas? Just contact us at Hotpink Websites now.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
Remember – What people are saying about you online