What they won’t tell you about your new website is . . .
How buying a car
is like a website !
An inexperienced person could be forgiven for thinking that once you buy the car, there is no more money to spend!
But as you know, nothing could be further from the truth!
The expenses are only just beginning, including:
- buying fuel every week
- paying the insurance each month
- servicing and maintenance every quarter or so
- renewing road-side assistance annually
- renewing the rego every 6 or 12 months
- replacing tyres every couple of years
- Yes!! even software upgrades !!
Yes, that’s right. Modern cars even need software upgrades, and the dealers want to charge $70 – $140 for each one !!
So let’s be honest here.
It’s exactly the same for your website.
And anyone that tells you that it will cost only $100 – $250/year to run a successful website is having a lend of you or is not looking out for your best interests!
What happens if you don’t fill the petrol tank of your car each week?
You get stuck by the side of the road – going nowhere fast!
What happens if you don’t service your car regularly?
Eventually you will get stuck by the side of the road when it siezes up and konks out.
Same with your website.
Here’s the story with websites:
- renew domain name registration – annual
- website hosting – annual or monthly
- software updates – as released, but monthly
- update your online information (content) – weekly
- generate traffic to the site – all the time
- create new content – monthly
- send newsletters and write blogs – weekly
- implement new automated marketing strategies – quarterly (at least)
- get professional advice on getting the most out of your website – all the time
So you see, there is plenty to do in running a successful Online Business.
And if you have not budgetted for the ongoing “maintenance” and “refuelling” of your website, then it will end up parked in the garage . . . being of no use to anyone.
So what should you do now?
Review how much you are spending on your website each month.
If it is less than say $250 per month, you are probably missing lots of sales opportunities in your business.
Review how often you change or update content on your website.
If it was more than 1 month ago, you need to do more.
If it was more than a year ago, your website is hopelessly out of date, and Google is starting to ignore you.
Review when you last contacted your customers with an email newsletter.
If it was more than 2 months ago, you need to keep in touch better to generate more sales from existing customers.
If you are not sure, ask us to have a look at it with you.
We will help you get the most out of your website.