When was the last time that you . . .
Updated Your Website?
Many people that I speak to tell me that their website has not been changed since it was first built.
At least 74% tell me that they have not changed their website at all in more than 1 year.
Why is that so alarming?
Google wants to present the most current and up-to-date information . . .
. . . and a website that has regular and recent changes is likely to have more up-to-date information than one that has not been changed in 1-2 years or more.
So Google gives more “brownie points” to websites that have regular and recent changes.
And put simply – Google “brownie points” get you to page 1.
Top Reasons Why Websites
are not Updated
. . . AND what to do about it!
1. I don’t know how to update my website.
At Hotpink Websites, our website software is easy-to-use and we give you full training on how to do it.
2. I don’t want to do that “techie stuff”.
If you really do not want to get involved, then we can make the changes for you.
Or, if you have a junior clerical person on your team or a teenager in your family, they can make most of the changes that you will ever want on your website.
3. It’s too complicated for me to do.
If you can use a word processor like MS Word, then you can easily and safely make changes to your Hotpink Websites website.
4. What if I totally stuff it up?
Easy! At the click of a button, you can view and restore earlier copies of the webpage.
5. What if I get stuck?
Easy! Inside the Admin Area of your Hotpink Websites website you have:
– a Resources tab with user manuals and tutorials,
– a link to a list of 2 minutes video tutorials that tell you almost everything you need to know,
– a Knowledge Base to ask questions, and
– full time online Technical Support system to answer your questions.
6. I don’t have access to that part of my website.
With a website from Hotpink Websites, you have full access to the Admin Area of your website – with a simple to use dashboard and menus to control all functions.
7. What changes would I make to my website?
Some ideal changes include:
– product updates
– new products or services being offered
– a fresh and updated look and feel to your site
– breaking news in your industry
– latest trends in your industry
– information that your clients will find useful
– update your free subscription offerings
– new pictures of your products, team, premises, clients, etc
– this one is a must – get some video content onto your website
– reflect your new company branding
– add your latest testimonials – get some of these on video
8. What else should my website keep up to date with?
As technology changes, keep your website up to date with the latest resources to help you be more effective.
e.g. Did you know that Hotpink Websites some of our clients have online appointment scheduling for their customers.
9. I don’t see the point.
If that is true, then you are lagging behind and losing position in the market place.
You are probably not getting at least 40% of your business from the internet, (but you should be).
You are probably not ranked well in Google and not getting internet traffic, (but you should be).
You are not yet seeing your website as the premier marketing tool in your sales toolkit, (but you should be).
You should contact us now
for an obligation free chat!
We make changes to our website every week. Right now we are in the process of a major overhaul – something that we do every 12-18 months.
So look out for announcements of new content in this newsletter and on our Facebook page.
Make regular changes to your website to build and maintain your Google ranking.
If you are having problems with changing your existing website, then call us now to find out how really easy it can be.
From The Hotpink Foundation – Hotpink Websites
Take Action Now…
Contact us now to get more traffic to your website.